Lunchroom Lady Iced Brownies**50 yr old Recipe**

1/2 c cocoa
2 c flour
2 c sugar
4 eggs
4 tsp vanilla
1 c chopped nuts
Pour in 9×13 pan,bake 20-25 mins on 350.
Check at 20 mins**
Icing*
1/4 c softened butter
1/4 c can milk (regular milk is fine)
1/4 c cocoa
3 c powdered sugar
dash salt
Mix all together & frost as desired
About these ads

I'm your average southern boy that loves to blog and build websites. I also love to share things I have learned throughout life.

Tagged with: , , , , ,
Posted in Desserts
17 comments on “Lunchroom Lady Iced Brownies**50 yr old Recipe**
  1. on lunchroom lady brownies, flour, all purpose or SR?

• Southern Boy says:

Julie, I’m not sure, I’ve not made them yet but I would say self rising as the recipe doesnt call for baking powder or soda. When you make them send a picture and I will add it. Thanks a bunch.

Tim

• Carolyn says:

Brownies aren’t supposed to rise all that much and the eggs in them is enough. Usually if a recipe requires self-rising flour, it says so. I’m 99.9% sure this would be all purpose. I bake a LOT :)

2. Jenny Taylor says:

why is there no method for the brownies?? do we need to soften the butter or anything before “Pour in 9×13 pan,bake 20-25 mins on 350″??

3. Mary Heblon says:

I have made these several times using this recipe. They always turn out WONDERFUL!! I do soften the butter as its easier to mix. And like you said, unless the recipe specifies PLAIN flour, baking powder, etc., assume its Self Rising. Your batter will be thick but thats normal. I do believe they are better on the second day….though they rarely last that long!! Lol

4. Mary Q says:

Sorry I totally disagree. You should always use all purpose flour unless it specifies otherwise.

• Southern Boy says:

I would agree with you Mary if the recipe called for Baking Soda or Baking Powder, in which case this one doesn’t.

• Carolyn says:

I’m with Mary on that. Eggs are a leavening agent on their own (think of souffles) and brownies don’t rise much, if you want nice chewy ones. Cakey brownies may call for powder or soda but most recipes will specify self-rising if that’s what you’re to use.

5. martinaconn24@gmail.com says:

I made this recipe, and I used all purpose flour. They turned out wonderful. They are like fudge! The photo doesn’t show an airy type of cake brownie. These are so like my mom used to make. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

6. Made this this morning. Turned out very tasty.

7. kh says:

The brownies look thick, which makes me wonder if another size pan was used instead of a 9 x 13.

8. Lisa says:

I use a jelly roll pan and they turn out great. It reminds me of a Texas sheet cake only in a brownie form.

9. Gina says:

I have made these many times over, sometimes they have to bake a bit longer. But no leavening agent needed. ALL PURPOSE flour is what is used. These are wonderful!

10. Mer says:

Is this unsweetened cocoa?

11. Mer says:

Is this unsweetened cocoa?